What is the Best Band Saw on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Band Saws are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Band Saws which can help you to make the right decision.
Table of Contents
- Best Band Saw For The Money
- 1. Rikon 10-325 Deluxe Band Saw, 14-Inch
- 2. Grizzly G0555LX – Budget Band Saw
- 3. Milwaukee 0729-21 28-Volt Lithium Cordless Band Saw, 4-3/4-inch
- 4. Makita BPB180Z 18-Volt – Small Band Saw
- 5. DEWALT DWM120K – Portable Band Saw
- 6. POWERTEC BS900 Band Saw – Best Budget Band Saw
- 7. Powermatic PM1500 1791500 BandSaw, 15-inch
- 8. Powermatic 1791216K Model PWBS-14CS Deluxe, 14-Inch
- 9. JET JWBS-14DXPRO Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit, 14-Inch
- #6. Shop Fox W1706 Bandsaw With Cast Iron Wheels, 14-Inch
Best Band Saw For The Money
1. Rikon 10-325 Deluxe Band Saw, 14-Inch
- Two speeds offer a variety of cutting applications
- Large work table tilts and locks into place
- Edge-facing thrust bearings extend blade and bearing life and improve stability
- Heavy-duty rip fence includes re-saw bar
- 13-inch resaw capacity
- Two-year limited warranty
Pros: customer support, outstanding technical, packed well for shipping, great band saw for the money, very well built machine, solid construction, runs quietly, excellent micro adjustments, the blade that came with the saw is fine, this saw cut through that hardwood like butter, it does a fantastic job of resawing, it rips the 4x4s without even a complaint … here to read other reviews.
Cons: the fence is useless and doesn’t adjust correctly, …
2. Grizzly G0555LX – Budget Band Saw
- All ball bearing construction
- Cast iron frame
- Precision-ground cast iron table
- Computer balanced cast iron wheels with rubber tires
- 4″ dust port
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings
- Open frame stand
- Includes 3/8″ blade, extruded aluminum fence, and miter gauge
Pros: nice saw for the price, it was well packed to minimize damage in shipment, plenty of power, worth every penny, fit and finish is first class, resaw fence is a nice bonus, set up very easily, the construction is solid and accurate, the flywheels were perfectly collinear, you can resaw the full 6” without any difficulties, the blade guides adjust easily, very little noise or vibration.
Cons: blade guard with riser block does not work well
3. Milwaukee 0729-21 28-Volt Lithium Cordless Band Saw, 4-3/4-inch
- Delivers optimal cutting speed and performance
- Revolutionary 28-volt Lithium-Ion technology
- 4-3/4-inch by 4-3/4-inch capacity
- Worm gear and chain drive
- Comes with battery, charger, and carrying case
Pros: It is not very heavy saw, powerful battery powered, more convenient than corded saw, 28 volts band saw could do most anything you ask for, quick charge, ability to cut thick metals with a switch of the blade, the blade is easy to switch, can cut beautiful straight and square cuts … here to read more.
Cons: this saw is a lot heavier and bigger than the 18 volts saws …
4. Makita BPB180Z 18-Volt – Small Band Saw
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with a 6-setting variable speed dial at 275 – 530 ft./min
- Compact, ergonomic design at only 14.1 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Includes features such as a built-in L.E.D. light to illuminate the work area
- Makita LXT lithium-ion battery and charger produces 430% total lifetime work with 2.5X more cycles
- 3-year warranty on tool
Pros: fast shipping, nice and portable, very versatile and handy, it’s very powerful and durable, plenty of torque, it will give you more cuts out of the battery, delivers faster cutting with 275-530 ft./min, the led light is pretty good, 3 years warranty is great, it will last a long time.
5. DEWALT DWM120K – Portable Band Saw
- Industry best 10 amp motor designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application
- Industry best 5-inch deep cut capacity for round or rectangular stock
- Serviceable steel shroud and rubber bumpers allow guards to withstand jobsite abuse without damage
- LED sight light allows the user to see cut line in dark jobsite environment
- Integrated hang hook allows user to hang the saw without damaging front handle or castings Variable speed dial allows user to vary speed for specific materials and various applications (100-350 spm)
Pros: fast shipping, well-made, light weight, well balanced, quiet when running, perfect deep cut portable, it’s a perfect machine, the head light is very useful, cuts and performs like a dream, good for metal and wood cutting, cuts steel like butter, it is easy to hold and can be guided to cut straight and true, the front handle is adjustable which is a nice feature.
Cons: none …
Highly Recommended !!!
6. POWERTEC BS900 Band Saw – Best Budget Band Saw
- Patented blade guard adjustment for quick and easy blade change
- Table with rack and pinion adjustment for easy tilt to 45 degrees
- Blade tracking window
- Quick release blade tension lever makes blade changing easy (patented)
- Blade width range 1/8-Inch to 3/8-Inch increased versatility for scroll cutting and resawing
Pros: It arrived in perfect condition, this is a good little bench-top saw, the price was great, can’t be beaten for the price, its compact and work well, easy to set up, this works great for small curves and dovetails, basic lumber cutting, perfect for small jobs, change the blade immediately, it’s quiet, doesn’t take up much room … here for other reviews.
Cons: you can not resaw with this …
Reference regarding Safety Issues of Band Saw: Download Now
7. Powermatic PM1500 1791500 BandSaw, 15-inch
- 14 1/2″ of throat and 14″ of resaw provide more capacity than a traditional 14″ band saw
- Sturdy cast iron table and trunnion assembly offers maximum rigidity for heavy work pieces
- Exclusive Powermatic T-Square style Accu-Fence maximizes accuracy and safety
- The Accu-Fence has complete adjustability for aligning to blade and squaring to table
- Positive locking cam with pressure adjustment
Pros: free shipping, no shipping damage – it’s great, big fantastic bandsaw with many great features, you could not find a single complaint about its quality, it worth every penny, it is so quiet, no vibration, it’s a very smooth-running machine, it’s great for cut straight, 3-hp motor was to set up for resawing, fence and guides are easy to adjust, two ports dust control are great, built to last, 5 years warranty.
Highly Recommended !!!!!
8. Powermatic 1791216K Model PWBS-14CS Deluxe, 14-Inch
- 14-inch band saw; built-in air pump clears chips; fully enclosed motor for longevity
- 1-1/2-horsepower motor; table tips 45-degrees right and 10-degrees left
- Solid steel and cast-iron construction for durability; built-in halogen lamp
- Includes saw, motor, blade, foot brake, work light, rip fence, mitre-gauge, chip blower
- 15-inch by 15-inch table; 44-inch table height; 20 by 34 by 68 total dimensions; 203-pounds
- 1-year warranty
Pros: free delivery, this is a heavy machine and well made, it was packaged very well, very solid, one of top quality bandsaws, a good saw for the money, a workhorse with a great motor, runs and cuts beautifully, air blower keeps work area clearer and more visible than other saws, blade tension lever positions full tension, quick release makes blade changes a snap, no vibration, no problem cutting through.
Cons: if you are cutting anything over 1/2″ the stock blade is useless, you should do is toss the stock blade and put on a good quality blade …
9. JET JWBS-14DXPRO Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit, 14-Inch
- Built-in 12-Inch resaw capacity for cutting larger pieces of wood
- 2 Speed poly-v belt drive system
- Newly designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity
- Easy to view blade tracking window
- Blade guide post with rack and pinion adjustment
Pros: excellent shipping, affordable machine, good build quality, set up is very easy, lots of small details make it awesome, the cabinet is top quality and very nice, accurate cuts, all adjustments while working are fast, runs smooth and quiet, strong motor, heavy, durable, large re-saw size and table size … see more reviews at here.
Cons: the blade tightening system is not too well designed, the saw comes without a fence or miter gauge
#6. Shop Fox W1706 Bandsaw With Cast Iron Wheels, 14-Inch
- Cutting capacity (throat): 13-1/2″
- Maximum cutting height: 6″
- Table tilt: 45 degrees right, 10 degrees left
- Blade speeds: 1,500 & 3,200 FPM
- Frame construction: Cast iron
Pros: this saw is the real deal, user-friendly controls, cast iron wheels with tires already installed, the cast-iron frame is very solid, the guide bearing is easy to adjust, it cut perfectly, runs quietly, 4″ built-in dust control, the instructions were clear.
Cons: this saw does not have any wheels, rip fence not very good but usable, it doesn’t come with a miter gauge