In the following write up, we review some of the best DIY truck bed liners you can choose from to ensure your truck has all the resilience to haul anything you have on your hands. Pickup trucks are some of the best-built vehicles, and it is for a good reason.
Table of Contents
The cars are built to carry and take a significant amount of abuse hauling all kinds of goods from one place to the other. Despite the fact they are built to last, the corrosion and wear can sometimes get to them.
There are a number of handy options you can utilize and ensure that the bed of your truck is maintained to last for long and look great.
Coating using a spray on or brush on is among the simplest and most common and prevents scratching of the body. The methods are also easy to utilize that you may not need the services of a handyman or automobile professional from your local garage.
The most common products used as a truck bed liner contain polyurethane or urethane. These substances give a thick coat and are mostly waterproof. They protect against scratching and create a formidable barrier against chemical spills, dust and other kinds of elements.
As a matter of fact, these polyurethane and urethane products are not like the cheap aerosol products you will find in stores; they are heavy-duty stuff explicitly made for the protection of the truck’s bed.
The extra investment on a quality bed liner is always worth every cent. And if you have a choice between polyurethane and urethane, then urethane is a better option than the former – and of course at a much more expensive rate.
DIY Truck Bed Liner Reviews
This kit is among the best in the market, and the rave reviews are sufficient proof. It is one product that will ensure the durability of your truck bed, and it has done it for many people.
This bed liner is what is commonly referred to as the textured polyurethane. It is quite thick when compared with other coatings and so the coat also tends to be thick.
There is also a high level of slip-resistance in this product. This allows you to quickly work in the rain without problems. Upon application, your pick up’s bed becomes peel and chip resistant.
The surface is thus protected from any kind of scratching. And the best of all is that it is easy to apply as you will not need to call a professional. Without a doubt, this is one of the best DIY truck bed liners you will find out there – the result will definitely show.
The product is a little distinct from the Herculiner. It is a spray product. Spray on are a bit difficult in the application in comparison to the others like a brush on – but it shouldn’t be too hard to hack.
On the bright side, the liner is a three-part component and plays a significant role when it comes to surfaces that are not very clean.
You are also at liberty to adjust the thickness of your liner anyway that you like – and also the color.
Thankfully, the kit comes with everything you need for the DIY project including the nozzle.
If you are among those comfortable using sprays, then there is no reason not to use this product. It is among the best to provide a durable surface for your truck bed.
This is a bit of a pricier option, but you know what they say about quality products. The good thing about this spray on is that it can coat a significant amount of surface area.
This means you are pretty covered if you own a large truck. It is a three-part coating but distinguishes from the rest since it employs a tougher epoxy urethane – your truck’s bed will be more durable.
Check out 10 Meter Radio Reviews
It is more resilient in comparison to polyurethane products and handles the sun’s UV rays better – cracking of the liner after application may be a thing of the past. With the cost notwithstanding, this is a bed liner with professional results – something that is sure to please you.
This is another product using the resilient epoxy urethane. The compound is fast drying and long lasting.
This tintable bed liner spray on comes in a variety of colors you can choose from according to preference.
Also, the attached instructions are easy to follow and make the entire job seem as if it was professionally done – how more straightforward can it be?
The rave reviews the bed liner has managed is sufficient proof of its quality. With this product, you are assured of a durable finish to last you years and years.
More DIY Bed Liner Ideas
There are many other useful tips you can use when bed lining and we have taken the liberty of listing some of them. The goal is here is to give your truck some tender love and care because it deserves it with the amount of work it does for you – we always want the best for those we care about.
- It may have come to your attention that the majority of the multicomponent products come with various tints. However, this is not a critical element and is a matter of personal choice. It, not a bad thing though to get a matching bed liner coating. Just make sure to give the necessary information at the purchasing store such as the base material of your truck – you don’t want taking home something that you will not like.
- The most important thing you need to ensure is that the surface is spotless before you can jump right in with bed lining. The most significant mistake you can make is applying the product to a dirty surface. A bed liner will not sufficiently stick to the surface as there are impurities in it. Such a surface is also a recipe for peeling and may amount to a zero-sum gain kind of work – you will need to get another bed liner and apply on a surface that is harder to deal with the second time.
- Basically, you start with the loose materials on the surface such as small rocks, dirt and other kinds of trash – sweeping and brushing will do just great. The next step is to wash the bed completely using a sprayer or by hand. Use a scrubbing material on any stubborn dirt – the primary objective is to ensure there is maximum contact between the bed liner and the surface to prevent cases of peeling.
- As much as possible, don’t use any kind of detergent as it quickly leaves a film the coating may have a hard time attaching to. However, you are free to use such products that help get rid of mildew and mold on the surface bed of your truck and rinse thoroughly thereafter. You will find TSP substitutes in the market made solely for this purpose – make use of them as they will not counteract the bed liner substances.
- After you have decided on the product you want, the next step is to order. The best place to find the right product for you is online – based on the variety, pricing, and access. Do a thorough search and don’t forget to read the reviews – who is better placed to tell you about the efficiency of the product than one who has bought and used it? Read both the positive and the negative and you will have a much clearer picture.
Remember to check and ask for support products when purchasing. It would be tragic having to reorder and pay for the shipping of the items you should have gotten the first time. Check out Boilers Review
As a truck owner, having a bed liner for your truck is always the better than having an exposed surface. The shiny surface may look cool, and all but that’s just it. It is exposed to rusting and scratching after a period of use.
The fact is it is better to have something on the surface to bear the brunt of the elements and constant use than nothing at all.
The above are some of the best DIY truck bed liners on the market and are an excellent place to begin. Good luck as you seek to improve your truck.