People who wrote product reviews started their article with cheap jointer is a mistake and I don’t think so. Sometimes you will get quality jointers at cheap prices, and sometimes you buy a jointer which has the high price but it’s not too good as a jointer.
Table of Contents
- Best Jointer For The Money
- #1. JET 708457K JJ-6CSX 1-HP Jointer, 6-Inch
- #2. Powermatic 1791317K 54HH Jointer with helical cutterhead, 6-Inch
- #3. Festool 574447 XL DF 700 Domino Joiner Set, 5-1/2-Inch
- #4. Shop Fox W1741 Jointer With Parallelogram Adjustable Beds
- #5. Powermatic 54A Deluxe Jointer with Quick-Set Knives
- #6. JET 708457DXK JJ-6CSDX 1 HP Jointer with Quick-Set 6-Inch
- #7. Grizzly G0654 Jointer, 6 x 46-Inch
Best Jointer For The Money
#1. JET 708457K JJ-6CSX 1-HP Jointer, 6-Inch
- 1 HP motor for tough jointing tasks
- 3 high-speed steel quick change knives
- A large, cast-iron table
- A built-in dust chute with 4” port
- weight: 258 pounds but the new model is 256 pounds
- 1-year warrenty
Pros: free delivery, shipping is speedy, nice and square out of the box, high-quality jointer, perfect for the home shop, the tables and fence are flat enough, the wheels make it easy to adjust the tables, solid performance, the cuts are smooth as silk, strong, accurate, quiet, nicely finished, produces a perfect edge, joined cherry, maple, ash, and cocobolo with good success and without any complaints, dust collection with a shop vac is pretty good, the manual is very good.
Cons: It is heavy, difficult to adjust the tension, the fence adjustment mechanism isn’t very smooth …
#2. Powermatic 1791317K 54HH Jointer with helical cutterhead, 6-Inch
- 4-sided knife inserts
- 66″ adjustable infeed and outfeed tables
- Fine/quick adjustment lever on infeed table
- 1-HP motor
- Fence controls are center-mounted
Pros: the build quality is top notch, solid and powerful, clean cuts, much quieter, easy to set up with help, fence, and tables are easy to use and adjust, helical cutter-head does a nice job, it does a fantastic job of smoothing an edge, the helical cutter does leave very small scallop marks on the edge, the table is very long, the base is stable.
Cons: It is pretty heavy and very minor …
#3. Festool 574447 XL DF 700 Domino Joiner Set, 5-1/2-Inch
- Unique, patented cutting action that rotates and oscillates
- Mortise width adjustment with the turn of a dial allows
- Indexing pins
- Tenons up to approximately 5-1/2-Inch in length
- Includes optional trim and cross stops
Pros: absolutely brilliant tool, excellent jointing system, very user friendly, it is phenomenal, very strong, accurate versatile, super practical, gives you a better product, depth adjustments for the dominos are very easy, it is easily ten times faster-making mortise and tenon joints, it does do exactly what it is supposed to do, it saves your big time, it’s worth every penny, you will enjoy if you’re an experienced woodworker.
Cons: none …
Highly Recommended !!!!!
#4. Shop Fox W1741 Jointer With Parallelogram Adjustable Beds
- 3 HP motor
- 4 knife cutterhead
- Precision parallelogram table adjustment mechanism
- Extra long infeed table
- Large cast iron center mounted fence
Pros: tables aligned correctly, the fence is solid, this is a solid jointer, the fit and finish is nice, it has a 3hp motor, great power, the machine runs very smooth, the extra long in-feed table delivers as expected, great start for anyone that needs an 8 inch jointer, mobile base is designed well, assembly was straight forward with good instructions.
Cons: beds and fence are dead flat, it is nice if you don’t want to move it around, the table height adjustment is tricky …
#5. Powermatic 54A Deluxe Jointer with Quick-Set Knives
- 66- by 7-1/4-inch table surface
- 1-horsepower 1-ph motor
- Quick-set knives
- Heavy steel stand
- Cast iron center-mount fence
- Fence has positive stops at 90 and 45 degrees
Pros: this deluxe jointer is fantastic, factory settings perfect, it is to anybody wanting clean edges and straight boards, the knives came installed and adjusted, the massive fence is smooth and solid, the longer bed, powerful motor, quiet it was supposed to be, very effective chip collection, blades are very durable, it produces a very smooth edge with each pass, cuts wood glass-smooth.
Cons: It don’t come with a mobile base, fence tilting for bevel is a little clunky, in-feed table adjustment is odd …
#6. JET 708457DXK JJ-6CSDX 1 HP Jointer with Quick-Set 6-Inch
- Extra-Long cast iron table
- 1-HP motor
- Quick Set Knives
- 1/2-Inch Rabbeting Capacity
- 33-1/8-Inch long fence with 45 and 90-Degree stops
- 3 high-speed steel knives-Inch the cutter head
- 4-Inch dust port
Pros: excellent customer service, surrealistic price, awesome quality 6″ long bed jointer, big advantage to the hand wheels, an excellent addition to any serious woodworking shop, this is a solid piece of equipment, the fit and finish are impeccable, extremely accurate, the cuts are smooth and crisp, up to 72″ board could be joined without problem, the machine is whisper quiet, no vibration, it performs better than advertised.
Cons: It is quite heavy, a problem for material less than one inch high …
#7. Grizzly G0654 Jointer, 6 x 46-Inch
- Heavy-duty cast iron base, tables and fence
- 3-knife cutterhead with a cutterhead speed of 4800 RPM
- Three HSS 6-1/8 x 5/8 x 1/8-inch knives are included
- Adjustable fence features 45 and 90 degree stops accommodates bevel jointing
Pros: fast service, well packed, easy to assemble, very solid little jointer, stays sharp, it is built to commercial standards at a hobbyists price, this jointer is a great value for the money, the roller-base works as advertised, adjust the fence and it actually stays put, the cutter is quite good, it’s able to cut right through the smalls and largest wood, relatively little vibration and noise, the dust collection works well enough.
Cons: someone noticed it is difficult to set the blades so they cut level …