The best pumpkin carving tools do not necessarily have to be made for pumpkin carving. You may find that wood carving tools are doing a decent job, but of course with a much less effort. You don’t want to know what may happen when you apply the force of a mallet on a pumpkin. The Darice 11-Piece Clay Cleaning Tool Set is specifically for clay sculptures. However, they are quite useful when it comes to pumpkin carving.
- Wooden handles
- Includes brushes
- A variety of metal-tipped tools
- 11 tools for adequately working on clay
- Weight of 6 ounces
- The assortment of tools help create different designs and texture on pumpkin
- The wooden handle makes it easy to have a good grip and use.
- The price is not steep considering the much you do with the tools. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, these tools will provide that extra touch that you require to succeed in pumpkin carving.
- Contains a brush that you can utilize to clean you pumpkin sculpture of debris. Most carvers would blow into the sculpture after every cut, and this may get to the eyes.
- The kit does not include a dotting tool
- The metal cutters can easily bend if used on the hard parts of the pumpkin canvas. It seems that they are designed to work on the softest parts of clay. Use with extra caution.
Solution of Cons
You can purchase styluses to compliment this set of 11 tools.
Use tools with caution to avoid bending. It would be a shame to have used them for just a short period of time. You can buy other tools to augment your current collection. Take care as you use the clay tools and avoid pushing them on the hard part such as the skin.
Always ensure that workspace is all tidy. This will not only be good for your creativity, but it will also be safer. Working on a surface full of all kinds of stuff makes an accident a possibility. If the pumpkin slips at the moment that you are cutting trying to penetrate the skin with your knife, then we might say that your goose is cooked. You don’t want to imagine what would happen in such a situation. Some accidents are pretty easy to avoid through simple tips. Keep your workbench neat, and you will leap your hard work.
Things to consider before Buying
Just because a particular set of tools seems good doesn’t mean you should get them at all costs. Factors such as availability are critical to consider. A product may be quality, but the cost of obtaining it may be quite significant. If you think about all the associated costs such as shipping, transport and the time spent, you may look elsewhere for a more available product. It defeats the purpose to go to all that trouble for a product for which there are other alternatives.
Value for money
Nobody wants to purchase a product that will eventually spoil within a short duration. Everyone wants something that will last for a long time. The product that offers more than it is worth is also desirable. There aren’t many products on the market that fulfill this requirement. In most cases, they fall short. However, it is possible to find the right products that tick all the right boxes. Do your research beforehand and compare the qualities of a product against the price.
The clay cleaning tool set can be used as pumpkin carving tools. The different tools can be utilized to get detailed cuts while the brush can be used to clean the debris as you work. However, some weaknesses accompany this set. Among them is that the cutters easily bend when the pressure exerted on the tool against the hard part of the pumpkin canvas. After all, they are clay tool not designed for the hard stuff. However, if you use these tools well, then you are all set to making an eye catching masterpiece.