Rope come a longs are a good option if you need to pull something heavy that you can’t pull by yourself – unless you are some kind of action figure.
They are easier to use than the steel cable varieties and powerful enough to fulfill any pulling task you have lying around. With a rope puller, you can run the whole length as needed and are a source of mechanical advantage in tree pulling.
Apart from forestry, you can use rope pullers in building and farming. They also make a decent choice when you are working in places where the risk of electrical shock is quite significant. Another reason for choosing a rope puller over a steel cable is their flexibility in extreme cold.
Well, when it comes to selecting a rope pullers brand, Maasdam is at the top of the list. The following is a review of one of the best rope pullers you will find anywhere.
This rope puller has some features that make it versatile and easy to use. For starters, it comes with a ratchet wheel constructed from cast aluminum alloy wheel for durability. It has a 20ft rope that can extend to its full length quickly – something that you don’t see with steel cable pull along winches.
The ropes are made from Dacron polyester which is wear resistant and durable – you will use it for many years. This product can easily take pressure from a significant amount of pulling.
This puller is appropriate for a number of applications such as handling logs, securing heavy loads on trucks, vehicle recovery, moving trailers and boats, and transporting furniture among others.
The wench weighs 8.8lbs which is by all means lightweight. You can effortlessly move it from one place to the other maybe searching for the most appropriate tree to fell. It is also great for maintaining tension on trees for cutting – this ensures efficiency and precision.
- A ratchet wheel constructed of cast aluminum alloy for durability and strength.
- Comes with a 20ft rope appropriate for the majority of jobs. It has a longer reach and which a good thing.
- The frame and handle are made from tempered steel
- Has pawls made from steel alloy with safety spacer sleeve
- There are safety latches on the steel slip hooks – OSHA-recommended
- The attached steel swivel is fully rotating
- Has heat treated bolts for durability
- The rope is made of Dacron polyester rope – a wear-resistant material.
- The puller can comfortably accommodate an unlimited rope length. If you have a snowmobile, the rope will help you pull it out from a deep ravine.
- It is quite ideal for taking down trees. The stretched rope helps guide the falling tree in the right direction.
- The rope puller is quite easy to use.
- Has a ¾ ton rating sufficient for handling the majority of jobs you may be having.
- It is quite versatile and can handle a significant number of jobs. You can pull logs, use in building and construction, car recovery, and moving trailers among others.
- The come along wench is also ideal for hunting and processing big game.
- It is reasonably priced considering its quality.
Rope puller comes with the approved safety latches to your benefit. These latches are according to OSHA recommendation. It is a quality product that has minimal safety issues. You can rest assured.
It is easy to use and does not have complicated controls. This means that chances of using it wrong are minimal.
The rope puller is durable, sturdy and the spring is well-secured. This means that the rope will not break and the parts will not give while working. However, there are some edges of the tool that can prove a safety risk. You will need to wear safety gloves.
There may be sharp edges on the pull along that if you are not careful can leave an ugly gush on you your hand. The handle cover may fail to stay on. This makes you keep putting it back on now and then.
Even though the device is not what you may call fast, it actually gets the job done. You will need to check the screws for tightness as any looseness may lead to a bent screw eventually leading to jamming.
This rope puller may be versatile and considerably sturdy. However, they cannot match the steel come alongs when it comes to strength.
There are a number of reasons to have a pull along among your tools. Among them is their versatility and flexibility. A rope along is the best piece of equipment if you are the kind of person always having some logs to move.
The role puller may not match the strength of steel cables, but they score where some flexibility and poor electricity conduction is needed.