Morakniv comes right back with this Wood Carving Hook Knife 163 to showcase their expertise in manufacturing carving tools. This product is one of the best when it comes to whittling. Mora 163 Wood Carving Hook Knife is double-edged. The fact that Mora 163 is made from carbon steel means that it is a quality and durable product. The carving tool is an excellent performer, and it is a product that will please both beginner and professional.
Table of Contents
Features of Mora 163
- The handle has an ergonomic design that ensures you don’t get blisters
- Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
- Carbon steel
- Hook knife – double edged
- The hook is up to one inch
- A smooth blade that is also well-sharpened
- The product is made from durable carbon steel material meaning that you will use the tool for a considerable time.
- A great handle design that ensures you don’t get any blisters. It is also a perfect fit for every hand size.
- It is well priced considering what you will be getting.
- The high-carbon laminated steel ensures that the product gives a considerable amount of service. You will literally forget that there are other tools in the market.
- It is quite easy to use even for novices. You will not need to run from one corner to the other searching for the perfect individual to teach you how to use it.
- It can only perform one carving function better than others – spooning
- Needs more maintenance in comparison to others.
- Does not function well when dealing with big pieces of wood. Therefore, its functionality is limited.
- You may need to keep sharpening the blade when in use
Solution of Cons
- It is best that you use the knife as it is supposed. Mora 163 is a good spooning knife.
- Carbon steel, unlike stainless steel, needs to be oiled and sharpened.
When using Mora 163, be mindful of your surroundings and use common sense. Take note of who and what is around you and determine whether your carving will have any impact on them. Don’t let anything that you care about to be in front of the blade. This includes your hands, children and coffee tables. Your common sense will help you foresee every situation that may happen and which may cause an injury to you or others.
It can never be emphasized enough how important it is to wear gloves and other protective clothing. Knife slips that find their way to your hand are common, and so you need to be quite careful. Gloves offer you the necessary protection especially if you are learning the ropes. Forget the feeling that you have when wearing the glove. You should not be ashamed of wearing a glove. You should also wear an apron made from a heavy material. This is especially important if your carving is on your lap. You have an idea of how ugly stab wounds on thigh can be. Be cautious and wear the necessary protective clothing.
Things To Consider Before Buying
Everyone looks for a product that can easily deliver more than one function. In other words, no one hates to ace a deal by getting the best product available. In that case, buying a set of tools is a step in the right direction in that regard. A set includes different knives with different function meaning that you don’t have to keep returning to your tool vendor every now and now then.
The material that your blade is made of will determine how sharp a tool is and how it will perform in the long run. The two most popular materials are carbon steel and stainless steel. Carbon steel knives are sharper but tend to need a considerable amount of care. If you are not careful, the blade can easily get rust. Stainless steel, on the other hand, does not have a strong edge. You may need to keep sharpening.
Mora 163 wood carving knife is a quality, as well as, a durable product that the majority of carvers will find attractive. The tool is easy to use and well-priced. The handle has an attractive design and does tire your hands. Without a doubt, this is a tool that both professionals and beginners will want to have.